Mrs. Berliner is a 1991 graduate of Seton Hall University School of Law. She was a Member and Survey Editor of the Seton Hall Law Review. She is published in Seton Hall Law Review Volume 20. She is married and has three children.
During the course of her practice, she has handled and litigated all aspects of Worker’s Compensation. She worked as in-house counsel at New Jersey Manufacturer’s Insurance Company, representing Respondent’s interests for almost ten years.
Along with her Worker’s Compensation experience, Mrs. Berliner was employed at Nagel Rice, LLC, where she worked on complex class action litigation as well as medical malpractice claims.
She exclusively represents Petitioner’s interests involving their work-related injuries or occupational exposures to repetitive motions, toxic chemicals, dust, fumes, and debris.
Over her 20 years of experience in Worker’s Compensation, she has appeared before numerous Workers’ Compensation Courts in the State of New Jersey. She has filed and litigated many Second Injury Fund Claim Petitions, wherein an individual who is already partially disabled, subsequently experiences a work-related injury which together render them totally disabled.
Mrs. Berliner is admitted to practice before all New Jersey State Courts, the United States Supreme Court and the Federal District Court of New Jersey.
Areas of Practice
- Worker’s Compensation
- Social Security Disability
- New Jersey, 1991
- Federal District Court of New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. cum laude – 1991
- Law Review: Seton Hall Law Review, Survey Editor, 1990 – 1991
- Law Review: Seton Hall Law Review, Associate Editor, 1989 – 1990
- State University of New York at Albany, Albany, New York
- B.A. magna cum laude – May, 1987
- Major: Political Science
- Author Case note – Sixth Amendment Right to Assistance Of Counsel Is Not Violated When Trial Court Judge Prohibits Defendant From Conferring With Counsel Between The Direct And Cross Examination Of Defendant, Perry v. Leeke, Seton Hall Law Review, Vol. 20, No. 2/3
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Essex County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Tepper, Scherling & Berliner, Partner
- Senator Norman J. Levy, Albany, New York, Intern
- Nagel Rice, LLC