If you are involved in a car accident, you may wish to pursue legal action for any injuries you have sustained. But, an important aspect of this is proving fault. This can be difficult to do if you do not remember what happened, or you and the other driver have vastly differing opinions. In cases like these, you may need to enlist the help of a car accident reconstruction expert. Read on to learn more about how accident reconstruction can help you with your personal injury case.
What is Accident Reconstruction?
Car accident reconstruction is done by an expert who can help determine who was at fault for the accident. They will do this by:
- Visiting the scene of the accident
- Inspecting the damage done to all vehicles
- Reviewing any medical records of injured parties
- Studying the police report
- Examining pictures/videos of the accident/scene
- Interviewing witnesses
- Studying debris, point of impact, skid marks, etc
Do I Need a Car Accident Reconstruction?
It is important to note that not every case requires reconstruction. You may benefit from car accident reconstruction if:
- You do not remember how the accident happened
- There are few or no witnesses
- The vehicles are totaled and cannot be repaired
- It is complicated to prove liability
- Victims suffered severe injuries or died
- Pieces of important evidence are missing
How Can Accident Reconstruction Help My Case?
Through car accident reconstruction, you may be able to determine:
- The vehicle speeds and movements
- The crash scene physics
- The accident sequence of events
- The vehicle positions
- The magnitude of impact
- If those involved were wearing seat belts
- If visibility was an issue and why
- If vehicle lights were used
- Steering angles
- If brakes were used leading up to the crash
- If a vehicle accelerated before collision
- If engine indicator lights went on
- If cruise control was engaged
If you have been injured in a New Jersey car accident, contact an experienced personal injury attorney today. Our firm is here to walk you through your personal injury matters every step of the way.
Contact our experienced New Jersey firm
If you or someone you know has sustained an injury, whether on the job, on the road, due to a medical professional’s negligence, or otherwise, our firm is here. Rubenstein, Berliner & Shinrod, LLC has helped countless victims of negligence over the years, and we are ready to do the same for you. Contact our firm today so we can get started.