While many people worry about plane crashes, airport and airplane injuries are much more common. Unfortunately, there are a number of ways for an accident to occur before boarding your flight and while on the plane. Read on to learn more about airport and airplane injuries in New Jersey.
Common Airport Injuries:
Airports have a number of different amenities. While this can provide a relaxing trip, it also means that there are more areas to maintain. If airport amenities are not maintained at all times, serious accidents can occur. These accidents are often due to:
- An injury at baggage claim
- Slip and falls resulting from wet floors, restaurant spills, etc.
- On trams, escalators, and other transportation systems
- Airport construction and remodeling projects
- Curbside accidents: shuttles, taxis, etc.
- Parking lot accidents: poor lighting, potholes, etc.
Common Airplane Injuries:
Passengers can become injured while on an airplane due to the following:
- Items falling onto passengers from overhead storage that have not been properly stored
- Beverage carts injuring passengers in aisle seats
- Scalding liquid spilling onto passengers
- Passengers falling or slipping while walking to and from the lavatory
- Airline personnel failing to react during a passenger’s medical emergency
- An injury boarding or deplaning
What is the Statute of Limitations?
In New Jersey, the statute of limitations for a personal injury accident is generally two years from the date of the accident. Failing to file within two years will likely mean losing your opportunity to recover compensation. That being said, most airports are government-owned entities. In this case, you will have to file a Notice of Claim. A Notice of Claim notifies the government or municipality that you intend to take legal action. In New Jersey, you will generally have 90 days to file your Notice of Claim. Because this deadline is so short, it is important to reach out to an attorney as soon as possible.
If you have been injured in an airport or on an airplane, you may deserve compensation. Our firm is here to advocate for you and walk you through the process every step of the way. Reach out today to speak with an experienced and dedicated personal injury attorney.
Contact our experienced New Jersey firm
If you or someone you know has sustained an injury, whether on the job, on the road, due to a medical professional’s negligence, or otherwise, our firm is here. Rubenstein, Berliner & Shinrod, LLC has helped countless victims of negligence over the years, and we are ready to do the same for you. Contact our firm today so we can get started.