Golf cart accidents occur more often than you may realize. These accidents can cause serious, life-altering injuries. As a result, it is important to know what to do in the event of an accident. Read on to learn more about golf cart accidents in New Jersey.
Steps to Take After a Golf Cart Accident
If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover compensation. But, in order to recover the compensation you deserve, you will have to fulfill the burden of proof. To do so, it is important to take the following steps after an accident:
- Call 911: If you are injured, you should call 911 right away. The police can send an ambulance to the scene, file an accident report, and more.
- Document the scene: If you are able, it is important to take pictures and videos. Document your injuries, as well as any damage to the golf cart and the property. If possible, document the hazardous conditions that caused your accident to occur.
- Obtain witness contacts: If someone saw your accident occur, he or she may be able to corroborate your version of events. Be sure to ask witnesses for their names and contact information.
- Seek medical attention: Go to the hospital, your doctor, or an urgent care facility immediately after your accident occurs. This will provide you with important proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. Before leaving, ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents.
- Contact an experienced personal injury attorney: A skilled attorney may be able to obtain further proof of negligence, including security camera footage.
- File your claim in time: In order to recover the compensation you need and deserve to heal, you will have to file your claim within a certain amount of time. This deadline is known as a statute of limitations. In New Jersey, the statute of limitations is generally two years from the date of the accident. Failing to file within two years will mean being barred from suing. To avoid this, reach out to an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
If you have been injured in a golf cart accident in New Jersey, our firm is here to help. Reach out to speak with an experienced and dedicated attorney.
Contact our experienced New Jersey firm
If you or someone you know has sustained an injury, whether on the job, on the road, due to a medical professional’s negligence, or otherwise, our firm is here. Rubenstein, Berliner & Shinrod, LLC has helped countless victims of negligence over the years, and we are ready to do the same for you. Contact our firm today so we can get started.