The state of New Jersey takes hotel accidents seriously. That is why if you were hurt in one as a result of another’s negligence, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your burdens. Reach out to our firm today to speak with an Essex County slip and fall lawyer about the details of your case and your options.
What are the common causes of hotel accidents in New Jersey?
Hotels provide a number of different services to their guests. Some hotels have a pool, gym, spa, restaurants, bars, and more. If any of these amenities are not properly taken care of, and a visitor is injured as a result, the hotel manager and staff members can be held responsible for negligence. Some of the most common hotel accidents include the following:
- Inadequate security
- Swimming pool accidents
- Escalator accidents
- Food poisoning
- Hot tub accidents
- Elevator accidents
- Gym equipment accidents
- Unsanitary conditions, such as bed bugs
- Parking lot/garage accidents
Can I pursue legal action after a hotel accident?
The state of New Jersey requires that hotels take appropriate steps to make sure that their guests are protected from injury. This can be done by hotel staff. A hotel’s staff should make routine checks of the premises for any hazards and quickly perform to address any arising issues. If hotel staff does not make these inspections and an individual is hurt as a result, the hotel could be held liable for negligence.
You may be eligible for financial compensation if you are injured due to the negligence of a hotel owner or staff member. It is essential to recognize that if you would like to pursue legal action, you will need to satisfy the burden of proof. This means you will need to provide evidence supporting your claim. You can do this by taking the following steps:
- Take photos and videos of the dangerous conditions that caused your accident to occur.
- If anyone saw the accident occur, get their phone number and/or email address. Witnesses may be able to verify your understanding of circumstances later on in your claim.
- Seek medical attention to ensure that your injuries are treated by a medical professional, while also providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. Ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents.
- Retain the services of a skilled Essex County slip and fall lawyer today. Our legal team can help you obtain the compensation you need to heal.
Contact our experienced New Jersey firm
If you or someone you know has sustained an injury, whether on the job, on the road, due to a medical professional’s negligence, or otherwise, our firm is here. Rubenstein, Berliner & Shinrod, LLC has helped countless victims of negligence over the years, and we are ready to do the same for you. Contact our firm today so we can get started.