Department store accidents can result in serious injuries. If you were hurt in one, do not wait to reach out to our experienced Essex County department store accident lawyers. Our legal team is on your side.
What are the common causes of department store accidents in New Jersey?
There are a number of different ways that department store accidents can occur. However, the most common are typically due to the following:
- Trip and fall accidents
- Dressing room accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Shopping cart accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Inadequate security incidents
To learn more about premises liability claims, reach out to our skilled firm today to learn more about how we can best support you.
Who is held liable for a department store accident in New Jersey?
The state of New Jersey holds all retail store owners and their staff responsible for ensuring that their premises are safe for their visitors. Because of this, these store owners and employees must make periodic inspections of the property to ensure that there are no hazards or dangerous conditions present. If these routine checks are not made, and a customer gets injured as a result, the store owner and staff may be held liable for negligence.
What should I do after a department store accident in New Jersey?
If you were hurt in a department store as a result of another person’s negligence, you may be qualified for financial compensation. If you would like to pursue legal action, it is important that you take the following steps immediately after your accident if you are able:
- Call 911. The police can dispatch an ambulance to the scene, file an accident report, and more.
- If anyone saw your accident, ask them for their contact information. Witness testimony can be key evidence in a personal injury claim.
- Take pictures and videos of the dangerous conditions that caused your accident to occur.
- Receive medical treatment as soon as possible to ensure that your injuries are properly treated. You will also want to ask your doctor for documentation pointing to the severity and origin of your injuries.
- Reach out to an experienced attorney to ensure you are properly navigating the claims process and to obtain any further evidence necessary.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a department store accident, reach out to our firm to speak with an experienced Essex County department store accident lawyer today.
Contact our experienced New Jersey firm
If you or someone you know has sustained an injury, whether on the job, on the road, due to a medical professional’s negligence, or otherwise, our firm is here. Rubenstein, Berliner & Shinrod, LLC has helped countless victims of negligence over the years, and we are ready to do the same for you. Contact our firm today so we can get started.